So, you may have seen a little film we did recently called SHARKNADO.
Ever heard of MEGA SHARK?
If you love our shark movies, MEGA SHARK VS. MECHA SHARK, the third installment in the MEGA SHARK series, begins filming next month. Until then, we’re on the hunt for the craziest, most extreme, and all-around biggest Megafan to live the dream: if you can prove that you’re the most devoted MEGA SHARK fan around, we’ll fly you to our set, put you up for two nights, and feature you getting killed by Mega Shark in the film!
That’s right, prove your fan mettle and win a walk-on role in the upcoming film, complete with a death scene. You’ll also get to meet the stars, see the studio, pick up some Asylum swag, and have an all-around great time here in L.A.
How do you prove you’re the biggest fan? Just email us evidence, in photographic or video format, of something outrageous you’ve done to show your love of MEGA SHARK, to firstname.lastname@example.org, plus a description of what you did and why you’re the biggest fan. That’s it!
Now, you don’t have to get a full back tattoo, or any other bodily alteration, to prove your devotion. We will consider ANY form of MEGA SHARK love: outrageous pieces of installation art, original stage productions, recorded songs, extravagant theme parties, shark-shaped shrubbery, a top-to-bottom home renovation…you get the idea. If you love MEGA SHARK, and we love the way you love it, you’ll get to be in the film.
If you or anyone you know has created or done something that you think we’ll love, send us an email with a description and pictures and we’ll decide who is the biggest Megafan!
Only one lucky fan will die a bloody death onscreen (come on, you know what our budgets are), but the first three runners-up will receive special prizes, and the next five runners-up will get a first release of MEGA SHARK 3 on DVD. We will also feature other great submissions here and on Facebook, so don’t think your entry is too small or has no chance of getting in. We want to see everything you guys have done, seriously.
Submit all entries with photographic or video evidence, contact information, and a brief description of why you’re the biggest and most deserving fan via email to email@example.com anytime from the moment you read this until 5pm PST on July 30.
Don’t be late, and don’t forget to read the rules below. Entries that do not follow the guidelines will be summarily discarded.
If you have a question, suggestion, or grievance, email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to sort it out. Be warned, though: these rules are firm.
Good luck! We look forward to meeting one of you in a few weeks.
CONTEST RULES: The Fine Print.
MEGA SHARK FAN OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES July 15, 2013
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Global Asylum, Inc. is the sponsor of the Mega Shark Fan contest (“Contest”) and the sales agent (“Agent”) of “Mega Shark 3″ (the “Picture”), a feature-length motion picture, seeking submission by members of the public of their proof that he/she is the biggest fan of the title character Mega Shark. Only submissions conforming to these rules,, based on Agent’s judgment, as it determines in its sole discretion, will be eligible for consideration in the Contest.
The Contest will consist of determining the biggest fan of Mega Shark. First prize will be a round-trip flight to the Los Angeles area (if the contestant lives more than 150 miles from downtown Los Angeles), two night stay in a hotel, and a visit to the set where the winner will be filmed for inclusion in the upcoming Mega Shark 3. The first three (3) runners up will receive special prizes and the next five (5) runners up will each receive a first release DVD copy of Mega Shark 3. If the production is unable to be completed due to forces beyond Agent’s control, such as cancellation or a guild strike, Agent reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes set forth above.
1. Persons wishing to enter may send their submission(s) via email to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. See section VI for information on deadlines.
2. All submissions become the sole property of Agent and may be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity.
3. Entrants are responsible for all fees incurred through their electronic device associated with participation in this Contest. Please consult your service provider for details regarding your message & data plan(s). Entrant understands and agrees his/her submission may receive exposure on theasylum.cc and/or Youtube.com and/or other websites, platforms and media as Agent determines in its sole discretion and may be subjected to comments and popularity ratings from the public at large. Agent is not responsible in any manner for any critical or derogatory remarks posted by the public pertaining to an entrant or an entrant’s submitted material.
4. Agent reserves the right to edit and/or alter any submission in Agent’s sole discretion.
5. Agent’s decisions regarding all Contest matters are final and non-appealable. All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and all entrants agree to be bound by these rules and Agent’s decisions. Agent reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend these rules at any time and Agent will post the revised rules on this site. The rules in effect at whatever time the submission is judged will apply regardless of submission date.
6. Agent is not responsible for Internet system and hardware failures; delayed, incomplete or unsuccessful transmission of video or other entry information; technical malfunctions of any kind; human error; information loss and downtime; or any costs, losses, liability or damages resulting from any such failures. In the event of any such technical difficulty, malfunction or error, Agent reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take such actions as it deems appropriate in keeping with the fairness and integrity of the Contest, including without limitation a determination to take no action.
1. Employees of The Global Asylum, Inc. and any parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies and anyone involved in the production or administration of the Contest and/or the Picture, as well as the immediate family/same household members of any of the foregoing individuals are not eligible to enter or to win any prizes. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) non-consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
2. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. and Canada, excluding Quebec, and to active members of the United States Armed Forces who are deployed abroad (excluding such persons who are otherwise legal residents of and/or deployed in the geographical areas listed below) and their immediate family members residing with them. Void in Quebec, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Agent reserves the right to at any time implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
4. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Written parental consent will be required for who are not of the age of majority in their state of domicile for their entries to be considered.
5. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that competing submissions may or may not have received exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”) prior to their submission to Agent. Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk of any such Media exposure of competing submissions, whether or not commensurate with that of their own submissions. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases given by entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or the lack thereof.
6. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her submission may or may not receive exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”), that competing submissions may receive more or less exposure in the Media subsequent to submission to Agent, and that Agent and/or third parties may initiate, assist or cooperate with Media requests or exposure in connection with any submission(s). Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk that Media exposure of his/her submission, if any, may not be the same or commensurate with that of other competing submissions. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases given by entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or the lack thereof.
7. All entrants grant to Agent the ownership rights in any visual medium submitted and the right to use such person’s name, voice and likeness in any manner, commercial or otherwise, and in any and all media and/or technologies whether now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and without limitation of the rights granted to Producer, the submission of a video or any other tangible media constitutes the entrant’s permission to use the video (or other media) and the name, voice and likeness of the entrant, as well as the entrant’s representation that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use the media and the name, voice and likeness of all persons appearing in the video or other media, in and in connection with the Picture and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created.
8. Each submission must be solely the original work of entrant/submitter.
9. Each entrant represents that his/her submission does not infringe on any third party’s copyrighted material trademark or other intellectual property rights, or privacy or publicity rights.
10. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless Agent as well as any parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and each of their respective licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents and representatives, from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, exhibition or exploitation of the entry, participation in this Contest, or otherwise and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or production services related thereto).
11. Each entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the United States and of the State of California applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each entrant consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of California, located in the County of Los Angeles.
12. Illegal acts, including, but not limited to, unlawful graffiti, destruction of property without permission, theft, trespassing, or any other crime or misdemeanor are ineligible and will not be considered.
13. All submissions must include contact information including your full legal name, home address, viable telephone number, email address, and a link to your website or Facebook if possible.
IV. JUDGING CRITERIA
1. Submissions will be judged by Agent’s staff and is utterly subject to their whims, opinions, and summary judgments in determining who is the biggest Mega Fan of Mega Shark.
1. Prizes will be awarded promptly to Contest winners when available, provided they certify and establish to Agent’s satisfaction that they have complied with the official rules and signed all necessary Releases and any other forms as determined by Agent.
2. Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
3. If the anticipated production of the Picture is not commenced or completed for any reason, including without limitation as a result of force majeure or labor dispute, Agent reserves the right to terminate, suspend and/or modify the competition, award the prizes by any other means Agent deems appropriate, and/or limit, reduce or not award the announced prizes.
4. If mailing address and/or contact information for the entrant is no longer valid, Agent is not responsible for delivery of any prize.
VI. CONTEST DEADLINES
1. The deadline date for the Contest is 5:00 p.m. PST on July 30, 2013. All submissions must be received by Agent on or before the deadline date to be eligible for inclusion in the Contest.
1. All entrants agree to sign general Releases and other documents in the form provided by Agent or be eliminated from consideration and declared ineligible to win any prize. Releases will include, among other things, a statement that the submissions were the exclusive property of the entrant(s) at the time they were submitted.